[extropy-chat] An interesting report on implants

Brett Paatsch bpaatsch at bigpond.net.au
Thu Mar 31 22:14:04 UTC 2005

I haven't really followed the development of implant technology much
lately, about the last time I read up on it semi-seriously was when
I bought a copy of Kevin Warwicks, I Cyborg.

Newspapers tend to report operations, the implantation part, because
its newsworthy, but perhaps more important are how long the implants
continue to work.

In the case of Warwick's implants, over time, a matter of months, the
number of connections to his implant increasingly ceased to work.

I think a key thing to watch with implanted chips etc will be how long
they continue to operate once installed and whether or how soon
biological immune responses etc eventually stop them from working.

Brett Paatsch