[extropy-chat] Debate on Peak Oil

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Thu May 5 15:28:00 UTC 2005

--- spike <spike66 at comcast.net> wrote:

> >... since
> > when did you become a prole? I would consider you
> > bourgeois at the least. ;) The Avantguardian
>
> What?  Since always.  Bourgeois, noo waaaay.
>
> Once born a prole, always a prole, even if life's
> circumstances are kind to one, as they have been
> to me.

I like the motto of that guild club in Damien's "The White Abacus":
"Every Sen a Chief, None An Indian".  The major malfunction causing the
deterioration of the republic and individual liberties is the
pernicious prevalence of the idea that equality means dragging everyone
down to the lowest common denominator, that all are proles. For both
liberty and equality to exist, every person must be a king, not a
prole. Reclaim your individual sovereignty, hold it tightly, greedily.
Do not lightly lend it out to bureaucrat or contractor.

> The family historians have discovered I
> have a fairly recent ancestor who was born in
> Pretoria South Africa, so I am also an African
> American.  I am thereby immune to much of modern
> PC self flagellation.

At least one US census I stated I was a native American. Speaking of
which, I've been hearing more about this Pembina Band of N-A indians
that Prof. Ward Churchill was a 'member' of. A friend is also a member
of the band, and they seem to be pretty libertarian in orientation.
They are setting up their own currency and banking system.

> It doesn't seem so difficult: public restrooms
> have always had individual stalls that have a
> sort of a lock on the door.  There is plenty of
> room aboard every train I ever see for individual
> stalls.

But that wouldn't give any thug the opportunity to assault any other
passenger. Subways, however, tend to be far more packed during
rush-hour, at least in cities like NY and Boston.

Mike Lorrey
                                      -William Pitt (1759-1806)
Blog: http://intlib.blogspot.com