[extropy-chat] Casimir Torque Project

Adrian Tymes wingcat at pacbell.net
Sat May 7 17:13:07 UTC 2005

--- Mike Lorrey <mlorrey at yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- scerir <scerir at libero.it> wrote:
> > But when you get the configuration here above, how
> > to create a new asymmetry?

You don't.  Part of the point of this system is to create a system
where, even when the parts move, the asymmetry remains.

> Try using a field effect. As Casimir Force is an electric force, some
> sort of asymmetric electric field should do the trick.

My impression is that the CF is not fundamentally electric.  And
"asymmetric field", while perhaps technically true in this case, is
woefully misleading: it suggests the far more commonly thought of type
of asymmetric field that doesn't and can't exist in nature.