[extropy-chat] Moral relativism

MB mbb386 at main.nc.us
Sun May 8 00:41:45 UTC 2005

On Sat, 7 May 2005, Mike Lorrey wrote:

> The freedom to choose means the freedom to be responsible for your
> actions. When you ask most people who are pro-choice, they generally
> believe that other people have abortions. Few women proudly admit to
> having aborted a fetus. Wonder why?

Wonder why?  Not particularly. What kind of question is that, anyway?

And on the flip side, how many men proudly admit to "fathering" such
fetuses?

Earlier in my life two relationships resulted in abortions. This
solution was the best under the circumstances.

We did not broadcast these events knowing we'd be condemned roundly by
some whose beliefs were different - and likely never hear the end of
it. However, neither have they been kept secret.

Regards,
MB