[extropy-chat] META: Proactive Posts vs. Underhanded Posts

Dirk Bruere dirk at neopax.com
Mon May 9 00:28:52 UTC 2005

Natasha Vita-More wrote:

> Friends,
>
> We are having a stream of posts that could be proactive and helpful in
> getting people motivated to build projects to spread ideas about
> transhumanism. This is a good thing.
>
> We are also having some underhanded posts which are insulting list
> members.  This is not a good thing.
>
> This is a warning to all list posters that on this list, we do not
> allow posters to make accusations using a broad stroke with an
> underhanded approach.  If it continues, you will be asked to leave the
> list or removed today.

Sorry to be a pain over this, but I don't understand what precisely you
are trying to say.
What, for example, are "accusations using a broad stroke with an
underhanded approach"?
I'm not asking for quotes from posts you have seen here, but a
fictitious example might be helpful.

--
Dirk

The Consensus:-