[extropy-chat] Democracy + Capitalism

Natasha Vita-More natasha at natasha.cc
Tue May 10 11:55:32 UTC 2005

At 03:13 AM 5/10/2005, you wrote:
>On 4/30/05, Natasha Vita-More <natasha at natasha.cc> wrote:
> >  I've been working on an article on the culture of globalization, democracy
> > + capitalism.  From my research, democracy and capitalism lean toward
> > compatibility and could be helpful advocates of human rights.
> >
> >  Does anyone think that the democratic interconnected financial relations
> > between nations could be a driving force behind advancing worldwide human
> > rights?
>
>I'm reminded a little of the "Golden Arches theory of conflict prevention":
>
>http://everything2.com/?node=The+Golden+Arches+theory+of+conflict+prevention
>http://slate.msn.com/id/25365/

Yes, very true - good catch.  His is one node on the spectrum.  Although
globalists do not have to build arches and coffee houses to develop that
interconnection.  Even developed systems that provide joint economics -
benefit and contribution to international nation advantage.  Nations that
give monetary aid to Africa share a connection.   (French friends of mine
love Starbucks.  One Italian journalist I talking to shuttered when I
mentioned meeting at one in Italy).

  Natasha Vita-More

http://www.natasha.cc
President, Extropy Institute http://www.extropy.org
Founder, Transhumanist Arts & Culture http://www.transhumanist.biz

Knowledge is the most democratic source of power.  Toffler
If Aristotle were alive today he'd have a talk show. Leary