[extropy-chat] Re: Moral Relativism

giorgio gaviraghi giogavir at yahoo.it
Tue May 10 14:49:57 UTC 2005

somebody before compared this debate to the sex of
angels one.
this seems to be going further to include the sexual
orientation of the angels.
I just would like that you consider the following:
according to Kardashev civilization level
classification, based mostly on energy compsumtion, we
are not yet at stage 1, a planetary level society,
actually we are approaching 0.8 level.
After that there are two more to go
level 2 an interplanetry society, level 3 an
interstellar society. for fans we can have four more
levels but that goes beyond the point.
But that's mostly a territorial classification.
If we could follow a similar scheme for human life I
would, by logic, deduct the following:
Phase 1, technological singularity and theoretical
human immortality (all diseases and aging alterations
eliminated)we are not there yet but we are close say
0.8 too
Phase 2-enhanced humans, intellianimals and AI plus
life forms, including universal brain accessibility
Phase 3- mind \body separation, mind travel and mind
occupation of bodiesand\or entities natural or
artificial
Phase 4- mind as energy ....
going further we reach God, meaning we are
God.(theoretically speaking)
considering all the above, debatable and subject to
hundred of different opinions and the absolute
underpositioning of current humans in the universe,
how can we define morality? or even try to do it with
current standards?