[extropy-chat] Re: A Chilling Thought.

Lifespan Pharma Inc. megao at sasktel.net
Sun May 15 02:40:22 UTC 2005

You might call that the old "dog in the manger syndrome".

Those who cannot or wish not to avail themselves try to feel better
about their condition by
pulling any bystanders into their "party in the cesspool".

There may also be the inverse;  those who have succeeded to  crawl out
of the cesspool
may feel that those remaining are unworthy of anything better than the
slop they are wallowing in
so may try to squeeze all they can out of the unfortunate ones all the
while blocking the path out
for the same ,  so that their personal self worth , ego and power might
be increased.

Humans can be a real embarrassment at times.
Or maybe it is all part of the process of natural selection.