[extropy-chat] A Chilling Thought.

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Sun May 15 19:51:08 UTC 2005

--- Adrian Tymes <wingcat at pacbell.net> wrote:
> --- The Avantguardian <avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Do you really think that the rich are this stupid?
>
> > Or are your
> > refering specifically to the "poor" religious right?
>
> I was referring to neoluddites, most of whom do indeed appear to be
> poor and/or religious and/or with the set of politics commonly
> described as "right".  Those with significantly more wealth than
> average appear, mostly, to be on our side if they've considered the
> issue at all.  There are a few rich who fear science, and while these
> few may give the appearance of wealthy allies, this is not the case
> in
> truth.  Fear-motivated unpaid labor can do a lot of things that paid
> labor can also do, and the former often cares about its work.  (The
> problem, of course, lying in the type of work that fear can motivate
> one to do...)

I have rarely seen religious right wingers protesting, or sabotaging,
technology and development. They are almost unanimously radical left
wingers, many of which are trust fund babies with too much time on
their hands and all the wrong professors at college.

Mike Lorrey
                                      -William Pitt (1759-1806)
Blog: http://intlib.blogspot.com

Yahoo! Mail