[extropy-chat] A Chilling Thought.

The Avantguardian avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com
Sun May 15 23:52:36 UTC 2005

--- "J. Andrew Rogers" <andrew at ceruleansystems.com>
wrote:

> With all due respect, you are crossing over into
> Conspiracy
> Nutter land here.  How do you think *any*
> legislation gets
> passed?  It is by "the expenditure of money and
> effort".

Heh. :) Ok but rememeber that this was just a passing
thought and not some researched theory into the inner
workings what the Bilderbergers are doing in Area 51.

> Last I checked, a lot of legislation has passed that
> is
> very unpopular with "arch-conservatives", so it
> isn't as
> though they were ramrodding their agenda through.

Well goodie. These guys ought to be thinking about
baking ten more pies rather than scheming on how to
get the largest piece for themselves.

> Get a grip already.  Very little has changed in
> Washington.
> Did the world end when the watermelons had at least
> as much
> influence in the Clinton administration?  I think
> not, and they
> are at least as evil as your "arch-conservative",
> whatever that
> means.

What exactly are "watermelons"? Is this some sort of
racial term? If you say that watermelons are as evil
as arch-conservatives, I don't know what the hell we
are talking about any more. I din't even mention the
word evil and I don't think that "arch-conservatives"
are evil. I just think they oppose what we as
transhumanists want to accomplish.

> Geez, what a bunch of pathetic weenies.  They can
> dish it out
> but they can't take it when the tables are turned.
> Nobody
> gets to change basic rules to suit their desired
> outcome when
> things don't go their way.  It does not matter who
> currently
> holds the ball.

No, it matters a great deal who is holding the ball.
Transhumanity hasn't ever held the ball. The only rule
I want changed is the one that says, we can't play the
game. Because if we don't play, if we can't get the
ball, and if we can't score, then quite frankly I
think the "children of the corn" nazis will doom us to
the bibically prophesied Armageddon when really we
could rebuild Eden if we CHOOSE to.

BTW I am curious why this, which was merely a
half-formed vague idea started such a long thread,
while the stuff I actually think about before I write,
I can't tell if anyone is even reading?

The Avantguardian
is
Stuart LaForge
alt email: stuart"AT"ucla.edu

"The surest sign of intelligent life in the universe is that they haven't attempted to contact us."
-Bill Watterson