[extropy-chat] Proposal: was- A Chilling Thought.

The Avantguardian avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com
Tue May 17 08:02:22 UTC 2005

--- Brett Paatsch <bpaatsch at bigpond.net.au> wrote:

> Say something
> sensible and people
> will see it as something sensible. Don't treat
> transhumanists as the
> group of people you want to pursuade treat people
> that vote, your
> friends, your family, your workmates, whoever you
> meet and talk
> with as the people you want to pursuade.

I do Brett. My friends and family all understand me
and are all very supportive. Plus California (the
state in which I live) pretty handily passed
Proposition 71 that raised billions of dollars for
stem cell research. My university is setting up a
whole new facility specifically for their study. So
essentially everybody within earshot is already
converted. What I need to do is be able reach the
hearts and minds of those that live in the red states.

     I don't want to pass judgement on them or try to
change their politics. They can have their guns, their
death penalties, even their wars if they want them.
All I want them to know is that they can use
therapeutic cloning to enrich their golden years
without sacrificing their moral values. They can add
many many fruitful years to their lives without
harming another human being or offending God (assuming
that is what they fear). Why would we have discovered
this technology if it wasn't our destiny to use it?

The Avantguardian
is
Stuart LaForge
alt email: stuart"AT"ucla.edu

"The surest sign of intelligent life in the universe is that they haven't attempted to contact us."
-Bill Watterson

Discover Yahoo!
http://discover.yahoo.com/weekend.html