[extropy-chat] Stem Cell Politics

Amara Graps amara at amara.com
Wed May 18 16:19:19 UTC 2005

(I didn't follow all of this discussion, but I think that it is
about abortion)

Mike Lorrey:
>Up until two weeks, both the father and mother have a right to choose,
>IMHO generally clear of obligations to the fetus.

TWO weeks?

Tell me Mike, have you ever been pregnant?

*Some* women know very soon when something has changed in their body.
Many women do not know, until the next MONTH (at least), that they are
pregnant.

Also I find it unlikely that doctor would (or could) perform a D&C
abortion (the simplest kind) on a woman, who is two weeks pregnant.
The signs must be clear.

Amara

--

Amara Graps, PhD
Istituto di Fisica dello Spazio Interplanetario (IFSI)
Roma, ITALIA     Amara.Graps at ifsi.rm.cnr.it