[extropy-chat] Bioethics Essay- Why Therapeutic Cloning is a Blessing and Not Murder

Dan Clemmensen dgc at cox.net
Mon May 23 00:33:10 UTC 2005

The Avantguardian wrote:

>--- Mike Lorrey <mlorrey at yahoo.com> wrote:
>

>>This you did, which, starting off with sounds a
>>little too simple.
>>

>Could you please clarify? Are you saying that the tone
>is insulting or condescending? I tried to avoid that
>by trying to sound familial but if it sounds too
>strained it might backfire and I can see how that
>might be construed as condescending.

I don't think extropians have the correct perspective for that
particular analysis. For that, we need to find a small set of
"intelligent laymen." anyone on this list is automatically excluded.
Try asking your mom ( assuming she is not already "contaminated.")

Extropian reviewers can review for rigor, or to ensure that you have covered
all of the really crucial points. We cannot evaluate the "tone" as perceived
by your target audience, since we are not members of that audience.

If yo feel that your mom is not a big enough audience, perhaps we can each
nominate an "intelligent layman" as a reviewer?