[extropy-chat] RE: [wta-talk] Parents: Question re children and nutrition

mike99 mike99 at lascruces.com
Tue May 24 22:34:26 UTC 2005

> nvitamore at austin.rr.com
> I have four questions below for parents. If you are not a parent but know
> someone who is, or if you teach in primary or secondary schools and your
> observations can shed some light, please give your thoughts.
>
> 1.  Are you satisfied with the lunches served at your child's school?

Fairly satisfied.

> 2.  Is your child's school providing traditional lunches in an assembly
> line, or are the schools supporting "food courts" (a style
> fabricated after Mall food courts)?

Assembly line.

> 3.  Does your child leave school to get lunch at fast food locations?

I have 2 children below college age, one in primary and one in middle
school. Neither leaves school for lunch. (But when my oldest child, who is
now in college, was going to high school, he often left for lunch. His
favorite place was a Chinese take-out.)

> 4.  Does your child's school provide classes on nutrition?

Not exclusively, but the topic is brought up in science classes.