[extropy-chat] Re: Stem Cell politics in the US: House Votes to Ease Stem Cell Restrictions

Adrian Tymes wingcat at pacbell.net
Wed May 25 22:37:25 UTC 2005

--- Mike Lorrey <mlorrey at yahoo.com> wrote:
> As facetious as Damien's comment is, there are
> limits to government authority, but I would sincerely like to see the
> government try a few such outlandishly fascist measures. It might
> finally wake people up.

Too bad the government (usually) realizes this, and that is precisely
why they don't do it.  I'd like to see the results of that too.  (I
would've liked to see the Dems try to shut down the Senate, for
instance, though I guess they get points for doing their job and
coming to some compromise.  Too bad the compromise is between what they
really want and the other side's overstated position of what they want;
net result that the other side gets a disproportionate amount of what
they want.)