[extropy-chat] Podcast - radio online

nvitamore at austin.rr.com nvitamore at austin.rr.com
Tue May 31 21:16:51 UTC 2005

Perfect thanks!
Natasha

Original Message:
-----------------
From: Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 13:05:02 -0700 (PDT)
To: nvitamore at austin.rr.com, extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org
Subject: Re: [extropy-chat] Podcast -  radio online

It isn't tough, depends on what features you want to include, like
commercial sponsorship, listener call-ins, phone-in interview subjects,
etc. I know the guys who run FreeTalkLive.com, one of the top podcasts,
which is also a syndicated talk radio program. Ian, Manwich and the
bunch are always willing to help. Try emailing "FTL_Ian" from their
website, tell him I recommended you email him.

Also:
http://radio.about.com/od/podcastin1/a/aa030805a.htm
http://peteashton.com/05/01/22/how_to_podcast.html

In particular, if you are running a Mac, an app called Panther is an
entry-level solution. Essentially any app that can create MP3 files is
needed, plus whatever other features you need to be able to do:
telephone input, microphone input (single or multiple), etc. There are
advanced sound/media cards you can get for your machine that have lots
of such features and jacks built in which you can buy at BestBuy,
Circuit City, etc. plus the peripherals to plug into those jacks.

Beyond that, pure talent is all that is needed, which I am sure you
won't have a problem with.

--- "nvitamore at austin.rr.com" <nvitamore at austin.rr.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know how to create a do-it-yourself, online radio
> program?
>
> I have a bevy of people to interview and it would be great to have
> the show
> online for ExI members and Transhumanists Arts & Culture website to
> listen
> to.
>
> All suggestions are welcome,
>
> Natasha