[extropy-chat] Re: Always On - The Techno Sapiens Are Coming

mail at harveynewstrom.com mail at harveynewstrom.com
Tue Nov 1 17:36:38 UTC 2005

Giu1i0 Pri5c0 writes:

> Always On - The Techno Sapiens Are Coming - The promise and peril of
> nanotechnology invite a closer look at its ethical
> implications<http://www.alwayson-network.com/comments.php?id=12607_0_32_0_C>.
> The author Dr. C. Christopher Hook, MD, quotes the conference proceedings on
> "Converging Technologies for Improving Human Performance" as seminal
> documents for government sponsorship of nanotechnology, biotechnology,
> information technology, and cognitive science/cybernetics to enhance human
> beings.

I thought this looked familiar.  This posting has been appearing on the
Internet for a couple of years now.  The earliest posting I just found with
Google is from 2003 in "Christianity Today".
<http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2004/001/1.36.html>

It is part of a collection of articles on Christianity and technology being
used at the University of Toronto.
 - <http://individual.utoronto.ca/darylculp/SMC306H1F-3.htm>
 - <http://individual.utoronto.ca/darylculp/scitech.html>

 --
Harvey Newstrom <www.HarveyNewstrom.com>
CISSP CISA CISM CIFI NSA-IAM GSEC ISSAP ISSMP ISSPCS IBMCP