[extropy-chat] Futures Politics

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at mac.com
Thu Nov 3 08:30:30 UTC 2005

I don't think just sitting back in good enough!  For how much human
misery will we sit back and "enjoy the ride"!?  Enough misery of the
wrong types could lead to catastrophic outcomes that put our fond
dreams out of reach for generations.   In the US we have 2.3 million
in prison I heard very recently.  More than any country.  More than
any country on a per capita basis ever in history.  I have heard that
around 60% nationwide are in on drug charges, most for simple
possession.  After decades of such hate-filled abuse it still
continues.   When will it end?  How can we get off our duffs and go
be beyond our self-satisfied dreamy assurances in order to end it?

- samantha