[extropy-chat] Question for Technorati experts

Amara Graps amara at amara.com
Sat Nov 5 12:03:01 UTC 2005

Hi extropes,

This is a try-in-the-dark question for those of you who are
Technorati experts. I would like to know how to put a different
label on search results with a keyword search. The blogsphere
has some cool stuff, but it is mixed with uninteresting stuff
that I want to filter the viewer from in my results. My specific
need is to grab the URLS of the wavelets blogs and filter out
porn/sex/gay/teen/resume for my wavelet page (*).

  I.e.

<form method="get" action="http://www.technorati.com/search.php">
<fieldset>
<input type="hidden" name="sub" value="searchlet" />
<label for="ts_www">
<input type="text" name="s" maxlength="255"
value="wavelets+AND+%28signal%29+NOT+porn+NOT+sex+NOT+gay+NOT+teen+NOT+resume"
/>
<input type="submit" value="Search" />

</fieldset>
</form>

Does anyone know? So far the only answer I can think is to write
a cgi script to process the form but I was hoping this kind of
request would be so common that an easy solution is already available.
I asked the technorati people in their feedback portion of the web site,
but I think my question was probably too dumb for them, because they
didn't answer.

Thanks in advance...

Amara

(*) http://www.amara.com/current/wavelet.html

Amara Graps, PhD          email: amara at amara.com
Computational Physics     vita:  ftp://ftp.amara.com/pub/resume.txt
Multiplex Answers         URL:   http://www.amara.com/