[extropy-chat] Gen X amnesia

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Sat Nov 5 20:00:58 UTC 2005

Ja Im working on that.  Thank evolution for the internet.

Your title of gen X *amnesia* suggests people
who once knew but forgot.  I don't recall ever having
learned of these matters.  In the 1960s and early 70s,
rockets and space were everything.  All politic debate
was just squabbling over stuff that didn't really
matter much, and would go away eventually.  It was
a cool dream.

> Spike, do you know that Greece, the "birthplace of democracy", was under
> fascist military rule when you were a child in the '60s and early '70s?
> Googling almost at random, see e.g.:

I did not know of this, thanks!

> Not to know about Angela Davis, BTW, seems to me as strange as not knowing
> about Martin Luther King, whatever one thinks of her politics.
>
> Damien Broderick

Ja we had MLK force-fed to us in the public schools,
but not Angela Davis.  I went to wikipedia, learned
that she was the big-haired person who wanted to do
away with prisons.  Hmmmmm, ok Angela, that sounds
like a great plan, lets go right out and do that, even
better idea than the huge afro.

Not.

(What was up with all that hair?)