[extropy-chat] Blacklight pops up again

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Sat Nov 5 22:38:09 UTC 2005

At 09:28 PM 11/5/2005 +0100, 'gene wrote:

>On Fri, Nov 04, 2005 at 08:14:19PM -0600, Damien Broderick wrote:
> > Still sounds like crap:
>
>He's a notorious crank, and has been floating this for many years

Yes. But my implicit point was that the Guardian newspaper (and the
Institute of Physics' PhysicsWeb: http://physicsweb.org/articles/news/9/8/4
**) haven't been running sober reappraisals lately of, say, George
Adamski's flying saucers or the Hollow Earth theory etc. Just a slow news week?

Damien Broderick

** < Now another theorist has joined the debate with a different point of
view. Jan Naudts of the University of Antwerp in Belgium argues that the
Klein-Gordon equation of relativistic quantum mechanics does indeed permit
the existence of a low-lying hydrino state, although he stops short of
claiming that hydrino states really exist (physics/0507193). "In physics
the experiment decides," says Naudts. "Either the hydrino exists, in which
case we have to accept a small correction to the textbooks on quantum
mechanics, or it does not exist, in which case we have to find better
arguments to explain why it does not exist." Naudts says that results of
Mills and co-workers have recently been confirmed by a group at the
Technical University of Eindhoven. "Nothing is decided yet, but I think it
is time to fill the holes in our theoretical understanding of the hydrogen
atom." >