[extropy-chat] Arthur C. Clarke and Islam [was riots in france]

Olga Bourlin fauxever at sprynet.com
Sun Nov 6 03:02:24 UTC 2005

From: Dirk Bruere
Sent: Saturday, November 05, 2005 5:25 PM
Subject: Re: [extropy-chat] riots in france

> More succinctly, Moslems don't integrate and still want the fruits of integration.
> It's trouble that is only going to get worse.

Recently I ran into some discussions about sci-fi, Arthur C. Clarke, and his comments on Islam.

"Clarke: Though I sometimes call myself a crypto-Buddhist, Buddhism is not a religion. Of those around at the moment, Islam is the only one that has any appeal to me. But, of course, Islam has been tainted by other influences. The Muslims are behaving like Christians, I'm afraid.":

http://www.secularhumanism.org/index.php?section=library&page=clarke_19_2

and this:

http://www.cs.rit.edu/~maa2454/SCIFI/sci_lit.html

Olga