[extropy-chat] Re: riots in France

Al Brooks kerry_prez at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 10 03:53:44 UTC 2005

Most of all radicals overemphasize the economic aspect. You forget how much Muslims want meaning even though we here know there is no meaning. All the economic growth in the world isn't going to give Muslims meaning in life,  just at most some sort of purpose-- which isn't enough, at least for Muslims.
 Muslim beliefs are less superficial than we want to know, the beliefs are imbedded in their minds.

Al Brooks <kerry_prez at yahoo.com> wrote:
But you must know by now how slowly we are evolving; riots will likely be sporadic 50 years from now. After that who knows, however radicals don't appear to grasp the constancy of thinking, such as how so many elderly are obsessed with what it was it was like in 1949 or whenever. Too many muslims want to return to the glory days of 1913 before the Ottomans got into WWI and went out of business.
Muslim thinking is too deeply wired into Islamics' minds to even begin to think it will change soon.

There is plenty of wealth in the world. Basic needs for everyone could be
met with a level of expenditure that is so low, it is unlikely to be
noticed. Most international relief agencies estimate 25 billion US dollars
as a enough to provide everyone with food, clean water and basic health
care - right now. This sum is peanuts in the overall scheme of things - and
would probably take off a lot of pressure from the western nations in the
form of less illegal immigration, less hostility, less resentment, and less
tendency to stir up militant action/terrorism. If you know that desperate
people strap explosives to their bodies and blow up trains - best make sure
they are not desperate in the first place.