[extropy-chat] Re: Aging as a function of bone marrow degradation

mail at harveynewstrom.com mail at harveynewstrom.com
Thu Nov 10 17:47:59 UTC 2005

Lifespan Pharma Inc/ MFJ-CTO writes:

> Actually I have been thinking about this for many years (over 2  decades)
> and what  has to be done is to put the body into
> near hibernation state and slow metabolism to a crawl.

Is there any evidence that animals that hibernate live longer than animals
that don't?  Or that preventing an animal from hibernating shortens its
lifespan?  I am not sure that the assumption that hibernation slows down
aging is necessarily true.

 --
Harvey Newstrom <www.HarveyNewstrom.com>
CISSP CISA CISM CIFI NSA-IAM GSEC ISSAP ISSMP ISSPCS IBMCP