[extropy-chat] Seven cents an hour? (was: Riots in France)

The Avantguardian avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 12 02:36:33 UTC 2005

--- John K Clark <jonkc at att.net> wrote:

> I figure they must be
> making about 4 cents an
> hour now, so all you have to do to win the argument
> and make me concede that
> I am a villain for paying 7 cents an hour is to
> prove mathematically
> that 4 is greater than 7.

Would YOU do the job for 7 cents an hour? If not, then
a moral case could be made that you are treating
others WORSE than you yourself would want to be
treated. This is sufficient in some morality systems
to deem you guilty of wrong doing. Perhaps even a
villian. ;)

The Avantguardian
is
Stuart LaForge
alt email: stuart"AT"ucla.edu

"If you fear death, you are not living right; if you don't want to live forever, you are not living well." - a sparrow outside my window.