[extropy-chat] Seven cents an hour?

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Sat Nov 12 02:51:53 UTC 2005

There was an interesting fictional debate on the
dramedy West Wing this past week.  The ambiguously
evil republican senator pointed out that the reason
businesses cannot make a go of it in most African
countries is that the taxes are too high.  If his
comment is correct, the tax structure calls for
the 30% tax bracket kicks in at 470 bucks a year.

That being the case, I expect few would report
salaries much above that.  The tax structure is
such that we don't know how much people make
in these places.

Political fiction fans: any guesses on how the
election will turn out on the West Wing?  I have
a scenario: ambiguously evil Senator Vinnick wins
in a disputed vote count (and recount and recount),
where he loses the popular vote but wins the
college.  Then over the next two seasons, he
will make a series of disasterous moves.  Any
predictions?