[extropy-chat] List member blogs

Jay Dugger jay.dugger at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 04:32:13 UTC 2005

> I'd be interested in hearing about other blogs maintained by current
> and former list members.  Maybe we could make a list.

Thank you for the pointer to Nick Szabo's blog. I learned a lot from
him back in the early '90s, and I am glad to know he remains active.
Does Marc Steigler blog anywhere?

You might try looking for transhumanist blogs at
http://del.icio.us/tag/blog+transhumanism. This doesn't cover very
many blogs, but as more people use del.icio.us, the tag pair should
turn more common. The technorati tags for it might also give good
results. I haven't checked that. Amara might know.

I suggest you repeat this question on wta-talk.

  Anders Sandberg blogs at http://www.aleph.se/andart, and Greg Burch
at http://gregburch.net/burchismo. Earlier this year Mike Lorrey
compiled a list of transhumanist blogs, but he's been pretty quiet
lately. He might have a blogroll at his blog, The International
Libertarian at http://intlib.blogspot.com/, or he might have gone over
to Bloglines. Michael Anissimov has one at
http://singularity.typepad.com/anissimov/. George Dvorsky had one
called Sentient Developments, but that's been a zombie blog for a long
while. I keep a blog at http://hellofrom.blogspot.com, but avoid
transhumanist themes--too many co-workers read it. David Brin has a
blog named Contrary Brin, but I stopped reading it--too much political
content. Charlie Stross keeps a blog, but the URL escapes me.

Any others? Any group blogs I missed? More generally, what other
social software do you commonly use? For instance, who else keeps
bookmarks on del.icio.us, feeds on Bloglines or Rojo, calendars on
EVDB or upcoming.org? Who has public-browsable web archives at Spurl
or Furl? The WTA has a Flickr account. So does Brad K. DeLong. So do
I. Who else? What did I omit?

All of this raw material surely could turn into something useful at
the hands of someone with time and talent.

--
Jay Dugger
http://www.redcross.org