[extropy-chat] Seven cents an hour? (was: Riots in France)

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 17:02:14 UTC 2005

On 11/12/05, John K Clark wrote:
> Yes that's true, your happiness is important but not as important as my
> happiness. However there's nothing unusual about me, it's economic reality,
> everybody wants to get on the best end of an economic transaction and raging
> against that fact is about as useless as raging against gravity; instead we
> can use that information to generate wealth for the entire world through the
> free market. That's what Sam Walton did and I am convinced he created more
> wealth, including wealth in the third world, than all the international aid
> foundations in the world combined.

This is the political opinion that the biggest gangster in town
deserves to get as much as he can. It is not only self-satisfied rich
folk who say that the poor deserve to be poor. Most dictators and
their cronies in poor third world countries say exactly the same.

Do you appreciate that Walmart is the biggest enemy that America has?

See: Executive Intelligence Review
<http://www.larouchepub.com/other/2003/3045walmart_iowa.html>

Quote:
During the last 20 years, Wal-Mart has moved into communities and
destroyed them, wiping out stores, slashing the tax base, and turning
downtown areas into ghost-towns. This is accomplished through
Wal-Mart's policy of paying workers below subsistence wages, and
importing goods that have been produced under slave-labor conditions
overseas. Often, communities will even give Wal-Mart tax incentives,
for the right to be destroyed.

Wal-Mart both reflects, and is, a major driving force for America's
deadly implementation of the Imperial Rome model. Unable to produce
physical goods to sustain its own existence, the United States, like
Rome, sucks in imported goods from around the world, using, in this
case, a dollar that is over-valued by 50-60%. America has been
transformed from a producer to a consumer society. From the 1940s
through the early 1960s, through its technologically-advanced
manufacturing-agricultural economy, America produced new value that
contributed to mankind's advancement. Through a "post-industrial
society" policy, the bankers have pushed Wal-Mart to the top of the
heap, so that it is now the world's largest corporation, with $245.5
billion in sales last year. Wal-Mart, which produces no value-added
whatsoever, dominates the geometry that governs the U.S. consumer
society. America consumes goods that others produce, which Wal-Mart
markets. Wal-Mart dictates, through its demand for low prices, that
its suppliers outsource their production to foreign nations, further
ripping down America's battered domestic manufacturing and
agricultural capability, in a self-feeding process.
<snip>

Read on for more gory detail.

BillK