[extropy-chat] Aging as a function of bone marrow degradation

Lifespan Pharma Inc/ MFJ-CTO megao at sasktel.net
Sun Nov 13 04:25:22 UTC 2005

That scenario is one of the more doable ways to introduce steady-state
evolution.

The biological cycle of humans today is more like the big bang universe.
What it will take to convert a big bang universe into an ongoing steady
state one is the task at hand , so to speak.

Modification of individual genes or structures like mitochondria
utilizing an organ that can be removed and replaced
like bone marrow is a good way to test out the baby steps that will lead
to more grandiose schemes.

The ability to create an evolutionary process that acts as a life boat
to other systems  does not require the
dramatic advances that would be needed to make advanced  whole body
therapeutic regeneration a workable
possibility.

For someone like me who is 50, I'd like to see the real but simple over
the dramatic.
 From a selfish point of view, I'd like to bootstrap nutritional
augmentation for 15 more years but have some kind
of realistic expectation that such a technique as bone marrow based
systemic modification be available.
Perhaps that might get me another 15 years, at which time I would be in
need of something more dramatic.

Without the bridge, it does not reall matter if the dramatic is
available in 40 years as I may be a lost biological cause by then.

It's all relative to where you are on the depreciation  schedule to
determine if there will be a rebuild or if you
will be written off and go to the wrecking/recycling yard.

MFJ