[extropy-chat] Seven cents an hour? (was: Riots in France)

The Avantguardian avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 13 07:44:08 UTC 2005

--- spike <spike66 at comcast.net> wrote:

> It's a moral paradox.  If one is poor, then clearly
> it is OK to shop at Walmart.  What if one isn't
> destitute, but isn't rolling in it either?  How
> well-funded can one be before shopping at Wallyworld
>
> should produce guilt?

No it is NOT OK for poor people to shop at Wal-mart.
Wal-mart is a lie. They subsidize their discounts with
TAX MONEY that poor people pay as well. In the end,
the poor are shooting themselves in the foot by
shopping at Wal-mart. It's like the peasant thanking
the feudal lord for not taking ALL the grain that the
peasant grew.

The Avantguardian
is
Stuart LaForge
alt email: stuart"AT"ucla.edu

"If you fear death, you are not living right; if you don't want to live forever, you are not living well." - a sparrow outside my window.