[extropy-chat] Seven cents an hour?

Lifespan Pharma Inc/ MFJ-CTO megao at sasktel.net
Sun Nov 13 10:28:47 UTC 2005

What must be remembered is that from a government perspective the
consolidation has a second side.
It is easier and more efficient  for government to regulate and tax a
single conglomerate at will and more acceptable for the
population to see it done than if there were 100,000 small retail
businesses with families and communities
to deal with.

Yes there has been a social price to create Walmart but  that can be
changed at any time
so long as the law has the means to be  act and the  citizenry have the
majority will to
demand.

Their business model is not at fault, just the ethical nature of some of
their business practices.

Enron  and Worldcom went too far and were put down.  Wal mart must
always remember that
there is a line beyond which society will not tolerate monopoly.
Remember Ma Bell.
I'm still sad that Enron went down from the perspective that they could
deliver  mega projects.
Just before Enron went down they had 4 billion dollars planned for
limited partnership
wind farms for North Dakota.  The projects will eventually be done but
it will take 10 extra years
for the small projects to add up to the same thing as Enron could do
with one corporate resolution.

So I hope that the management of Walmart does  heed the public view that
they are nearly
a  social pariah before serendipity strikes  and they meet the fate of
Worldcom.

MFJ