[extropy-chat] teaching extropian subjects

Natasha Vita-More natasha at natasha.cc
Mon Nov 14 15:03:34 UTC 2005

At 02:49 AM 11/14/2005, you wrote:
>I've been working on a similar project in the UK
>(although it's been shelved for a few months due to
>day job work pressure).
>
>What we need is a structured syllabus for
>Transhumanist & Extropian flavoured memes.

I agree in total!  I'm finishing up my master thesis right now and want to
focus on this as soon as possible - that would be in January.  One of ExI's
goals is to offer a course on the future through Extropy Institute.  The
material I have accumulated from my masters degree is highly relevant for
this (Masters of Science in Studies of the Future).  Most of my work in
this graduate program has been related to transhumanism in general and
Extropy Institute and the future in particular.

I'll collaborate with anyone who wants to teach!

Best wishes,
Natasha

<http://www.natasha.cc/>Natasha <http://www.natasha.cc/>Vita-More
Cultural Strategist - Designer
Future Studies, University of Houston
President, <http://www.extropy.org/>Extropy Institute
Member, <http://www.profuturists.com/>Association of Professional Futurists
Founder, <http://www.transhumanist.biz/>Transhumanist Arts & Culture
Honorary Vice-Chair, <http://transhumanism.org/>World Transhumanist
Association
Senior Associate, <http://foresight.org/>Foresight Institute
Advisor, <http://alcor.org/>Alcor Life Extension Foundation

If you draw a circle in the sand and study only what's inside the circle,
then that is a closed-system perspective. If you study what is inside the
circle and everything outside the circle, then that is an open system
perspective.
Buckminster Fuller