[extropy-chat] Seven cents an hour? (was: Riots in France)

M.B. Baumeister mbb386 at main.nc.us
Tue Nov 15 20:46:26 UTC 2005

> (c) Fuel prices are not rising in the USA. Gas prices nearby have
> been dropping daily. They'd hit $3.30 a gallon after Katrina and are
> down to at or under $2.00.

Lucky you! :) They've certainly dropped here too, but not that much.
They're running (last I bought) around $2.25 - $2.50 for regular, which is
considerably more than before Katrina. Folks here don't seem to think
they're going to stay down either. Among the people I know, many are still
curtailing their driving - and their purchasing. Our electric bills have
risen and so has garbage collection and furnace cleaning/repairs and home
plumbing or electrical repairs - all surcharges because of fuel cost
increases. I'd be astounded if those bills drop back any time soon.

Regards,
MB