[extropy-chat] Gregory's Passing (Hara Ra)

Amara Graps amara at amara.com
Wed Nov 16 20:17:56 UTC 2005

Eliezer:
>"Farewell?"  "Ciao?"  What's up with that?
>I believe the correct expression on such occasions is, "See you later."

I'll pass on the 'correct expression' admonishment, but you are right,
Eliezer, the it's better not to use words indicating finality.

'Ciao' like 'aloha' means both goodbye and hello, and is usually used
in colloquial speech as in "see you later" (a presto). Also in the
Venetian dialect means: 'your servant' (servo vostro)). So it seems
ok here.

Amara