[extropy-chat] Organ printing

Brett Paatsch bpaatsch at bigpond.net.au
Fri Nov 18 05:15:49 UTC 2005

Adrian Tymes wrote:

> --- Brett Paatsch <bpaatsch at bigpond.net.au> wrote:
>> Then I know you can't know and aren't reasoning on the matter.
>
> ...?  This looks like an attempt to troll, rather than a sincere
> attempt to acquire information.  (What were the reasons I gave for not
> wanting to give predictions in general in cases like this, if not
> reasoning?)

Your 'reasons' were that "others" (unspecified) "had done so quite
adequately".

>> If my question is "Is Adrian dreaming" or alternatively "Does Adrian
>> have a clue on this matter" then the test is best served by putting
> it
>> to Adrian.
>
> As does this.  (The topic at hand is organ printing - including whether
> or not it may be feasable, and possible superior alternatives like
> organ regeneration - not what I personally know.  Truth and reality
> tend to remain the same regardless of whether any given person is or is
> not dreaming.  If you mean to say that organ printing is unfeasable,
> then please provide evidence of that.)

No. I meant to determine what you personally knew about the topic
because you'd linked a news splash story that already strained my
credibility by associating "printing" with biological organs (though it
caught my interest as it was you that posted it and I'd heard Eugen
talk of something similar) to your own notions on cryonics.

> Admins: if he responds with flaming, I leave the response to you.

And I'll accept any response.

> Flaming and personal attacks are, of course, not tolerated per list
> policy - but being the subject, I doubt I should be the one to
> determine for certain if they are (even if I were an admin).

I could have been more diplomatic. I probably should have
been less undiplomatic but I get impatient sometimes.

Brett Paatsch