[extropy-chat] Seven cents an hour? (was: Riots in

John K Clark jonkc at att.net
Fri Nov 18 17:49:29 UTC 2005

Jack Parkinson <isthatyoujack at icqmail.com>

> There are also definitions of efficiency which are not economic.

And are therefore subjective, and of course these subjective definitions and
decisions will be made for all of us by a fellow by the name of Jack
Parkinson.

>You  continue to make the assumption that what is good and profitable - and
>therefore efficient - for big business is also good, profitable and
>efficient for the whole country. THIS is assumption I am challenging

People in slums have poor housing so just blow up the slums, problem solved.
If someone has diarrhea just sew his rectum shut, problem solved. People in
third world sweat shops don't make much money so just shut them down,
problem solved.

Mr. Parkinson I do not find your words "challenging" at all. You may think
of yourself as a rebel, as a radical freethinker, but your very very
conventional words can be found in any bar or high school cafeteria in
America where an economic illiterate is spouting off about the evils of big
business. I expect more from somebody on the very libertarian and
economically sophisticated Extropian List.

    John K Clark