[extropy-chat] A successful company?

Joel Pitt joel.pitt at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 00:17:18 UTC 2005

You need to get an established customer base that will come back to you
in the future when they need to restock their vitamin/supplement supplies.

You should also look at trying to provide hard to get supplements to
seperate yourself from the existing masses of vitamin businesses. Say
certified vegetarian alternatives to vitamins/minerals usually extracted
from the left overs of the meat business. You can then justify charging
more for targetted products.

-Joel

Jonathan Despres wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to know what we need to become a successful company (I am in
> the vitamin business), here is my opinion:
>
> 1) We need to buy our products very cheaply and sell high (This is a
> trade minimum to do)
>
> 2) We need talented people to do the essential job
>
> 3) We need a good image/reputation
>
> 4) We need a good product.
>
> Any other thing I miss ?
>
> --Jon

What a strange machine man is. You fill him with bread, wine, fish, and
radishes, and out come sighs, laughter and dreams.
         - Nikos Kazantzakis