[extropy-chat] Jack's right, he's not ready for reality

Rik van Riel riel at surriel.com
Sun Nov 20 15:53:48 UTC 2005

On Sun, 20 Nov 2005, John K Clark wrote:

> Read my lips, I DON'T CARE! Whatever economic policies companies are
> following in China it is my sincerest desire that they do more of it, the
> reason is it's working.

> 1.4 billion people fighting among themselves would not be fun. So in
> short, if it's not broken then don't fix it.

Learn from the past.

If the wealth gap is allowed to grow too large, bad things
will happen.  Riots are the least problem to worry about.

More worrysome would be organized crime rising to levels
so intense that it hinders economic growth by discouraging
foreign investments.

Even worse would be if the government caved in to popular
pressure and changed the market economy to something more
regulated.

China may not be a democracy, but no government will stand
up to a billion disgruntled people...