[extropy-chat] Jack's right, he's not ready for reality

Olga Bourlin fauxever at sprynet.com
Sun Nov 20 23:42:19 UTC 2005

From: "Rafal Smigrodzki" <rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com>
> On 11/20/05, Rik van Riel <riel at surriel.com> wrote:
>> My advice doesn't go any further than:
>> - pay minimum wage
>> - comply with labor laws
>>
>> I'd like to know what you think is bad about that.
>
> ### Minimum wages and labor laws. Illegitimate and destructive.

Yeah, Rafal, why not go back to the days of the free lunch, as in "let them
eat cake"?

And to celebrate the end of labor laws, let's take a nostalgic walk down
memory lane:
http://www.csun.edu/~ghy7463/mw2.html

And to celebrate the end of minimum wage laws, why not do something
completely different (and retro-radical) and bring back the idea of working
simply for the *privilege* of working?  With such work incentives and
privileges, I ask you, what patriot would even **want** to work for wages?:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery

Olga