[extropy-chat] against ID

Brent Allsop allsop at extropy.org
Mon Nov 21 18:12:20 UTC 2005

Amara,

Thanks for showing us this "The Kansas School Board is right" piece.

I completely agree with this:

"Scientists have to get off this kick that science and religion are
completely distinct magisteria that have nothing to do with each other.
Quite the contrary; religion (at least in its common Western forms) goes
around making claims about how the world works, and it's perfectly
appropriate to judge such claims by the same standards that we judge any
other suggested hypotheses about nature."

These "separate magisterial" scientists are arguing science can tell us what
we can do but it doesn't tell us what we should do.  Which is again,
completely wrong and irrational.  Morals are and should be subject to
rational and scientific thought just as much as anything else we think
about.

Brent Allsop