TOP 2 IQ Percentile Re: [extropy-chat] Seven cents an hour?

xllb godsdice at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 20:02:32 UTC 2005

1. Has anyone included MENSA membership on a resume? What was the reaction
of the readers?
2. I thought it might be affirming to find out that I qualified. MENSA's web
site told me that a high enough LSAT score would automatically get me in. I
immediately called my Law School Records Office to ask how I'd go about
getting confirmation of my score.
3. It turns out that their records don't go back that far. I have never felt
so old.

Regards,

Rick

On 11/21/05, Adrian Tymes <wingcat at pacbell.net> wrote:

> --- Brett Paatsch <bpaatsch at bigpond.net.au> wrote:
> > Damien Broderick wrote:
> > > It's hard for us self-starter INTJs to grasp that hapless dynamic,
> > > but then we're less than 5% of the population, and most of us here
> > > are a slimmer slice through that group as well, being at least in
> > the
> > > top 2 IQ percentiles.
> >
> > I wish it were so but I reckon this flatters or genuinely overrates
> > "most of us here" by about a standard deviation.
> >
> > I'd estimate the mid-point of the curve as closer to one standard
> > deviation above the mean than two.
>
> Side note: I'm in Mensa (the organization whose only membership
> requirement is taking one of the standardized IQ tests they recognize
> and scoring in the top 2%), and...to be honest, aside from the focus
> on certain types of topics, one might not be able to tell most of the
> messages of this mailing list from those of their mailing lists just by
> reading the message bodies (sans the headers and footers where the list
> labels are, and with obvious exceptions like messages discussing ExI or
> Mensa). That said, I know certain others here are likewise members of
> both; perhaps they can spot more of a difference.

Hell is overkill.
Dogma blinds.