[extropy-chat] against ID

Emlyn emlynoregan at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 07:27:04 UTC 2005

No, "feel" is just an information processing term for these guys.
They're zombies, but shush, don't tell them, you don't want to "upset"
them.

btw, has anyone read the Greg Egan short story collection "Axiomatic"?
There are excellent stories in there for anyone into the whole "what
is consciousness" thing. With regards to this thread, the story
"Seeing" helped me to grok how the feeling of "existing" just behind
my eyes is an illusion concocted by the hugely complex information
processing machinery sitting (architecturally) between my senses and
my awareness.

--
Emlyn

http://emlynoregan.com   * blogs * music * software *