[extropy-chat] Threesome as most efficient social arrangement?

Jef Allbright jef at jefallbright.net
Wed Nov 23 18:26:53 UTC 2005

A comment on another list about the idea of "telepathic bonding"
between individuals got me thinking about the advantages of such a
relationship, given the (technological) capability.

A form of mind-to-mind bonding between a pair of individuals would
provide strong advantages in terms of (1) providing an
alternate/critical viewpoint on many subjects,and (2) would provide an
outside perspective on one's self.

Extending to a threesome would provide the additional advantage of
sure decision-making due to the tie-breaking effect of a third vote.

For synergetic benefits to accrue, the individuals would need to
maintain individual identities and growth to some extent.

Given the availability of such bonding technology, I would expect
threesomes to predominate.

Questions:  Has this thinking been explored in Science Fiction or
other literature?  Does it make sense?

- Jef
http://www.jefallbright.net