[extropy-chat] Qualia Bet.

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Thu Nov 24 18:04:01 UTC 2005

At 12:34 PM 11/24/2005 -0500, gts wrote:

>If I'm right then how is a fly different in any important way from a
>camera?
>
>If there is no real difference then why not say all matter is aware,
>though not necessarily self-aware?

Frankly, I find this fucking ludicrous, akin to saying: "This newspaper
photograph of George Bush is made up of many small dots of various sizes,
hence all dots are pictures of George Bush."

All rocks possess eeny-teeny bits of awareness, eh? Yes, and every rock has
a sense of humor (despite its stony face), every squishy fragment of
toothpaste has a gleaming smile, all gas aspires to the condition of music.

Damien Broderick