[extropy-chat] against ID

Amara Graps amara at amara.com
Tue Nov 29 14:58:44 UTC 2005

some big news in the last weeks:

I said :
At 8:55 AM +0100 11/19/05, Amara Graps wrote:
>Nice. I do wonder if Ratzinger is aware of what his chief astronomer
>said, though. If any here have questions of the ID view from the Vatican
>Observatory (that _other_ piece of the Vatican City country located in
>the middle of Italy's Castel Gandolfo), I will be visiting there in
>about 10 days and I can ask.

I asked Guy Consolmagno at the Vatican Observatory (the man who made
the statement in the news report: George Coyne is Consolmagno's boss).
They are in accordance with each other. According to Guy, the Pope
refutes intelligent design theory too.

(I don't have words to describe the Vatican Observatory, every corner
demonstrated a fantastic piece of history. Four-hundred year old
books, research papers by Newton, Maxwell, scientific instruments for
the most clever purpose, 19th century telescopes, original documents
by the Apollo astronauts given as gifts to the Pope, a log book of
visitor signatures that included Eddington, Hertzsprung, Russell,
Oort... I was in another world for some hours.)

Amara

Amara Graps, PhD          email: amara at amara.com
Computational Physics     vita:  ftp://ftp.amara.com/pub/resume.txt
Multiplex Answers         URL:   http://www.amara.com/