[extropy-chat] Transhumanists' Needs

John B discwuzit at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 4 15:25:41 UTC 2005

Natasha -

I'd suggest several needs, not just for Extropians or
Transhumanists but rather for humans (and, possibly,
later for sophonce/intelligences/minds, pick your
favorite term)

- Long, healthy life
- Freedom to enjoy said life
- Responsibility/accountability for your actions

I strongly suspect that the last is the most important
of the three.

Personally, I am *NOT* interested and quite repelled
by the idea of a long, healthy life brought about by,
say, organ harvesting from other people, or slavery,
or whatever.

If you don't keep that in mind from the get-go, your
goals are going to be attempted in what are to me
horrific ways.

Please don't take this as saying that ExI, or anyone
on this list, has stated that they WOULD like such a
life. Not my intent, and as far as I know no one has.
Instead, think of it as a preemptive strike against
future misunderstandings.

-John B

Message: 8