[extropy-chat] Extropy, Political Viewpoint and the Futureof ExI's List

Dirk Bruere dirk.bruere at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 19:24:20 UTC 2005

On 10/10/05, Brett Paatsch <bpaatsch at bigpond.net.au> wrote:

> Natasha wrote:
>
> With respect to yourself, I'm a bit like Dirk, I don't understand exactly
> how you see politics. I get that you are not partly political and that you
> do not want to see the
> world through a prism that renders all human behaviour political but I
> don't really understand the ambit of what it is that you are discussing when
> you talk about politics.

To clarify my position at least...
I see politics as being the medium of interaction between people (or even
the higher animals).
Political ideologies are different because they are essentially a sibling of
religion in that they attempt to provide an all-encompassing worldview that
explains, predicts and controls (or tries to).

By this definition Extropy is a political ideology.

Dirk