[extropy-chat] A sad day

Brent Neal brentn at freeshell.org
Mon Oct 10 20:19:29 UTC 2005

 (10/10/05 9:26) Robert J. Bradbury <bradbury at aeiveos.com> wrote:

>either stopping plate tectonics or removing every human from the
>planet.

There are a lot of good reasons to not live at the bottom of a gravity well, though.  My guess is that if we have the technology (I refuse to use the term nano- or bio-technology.  Let's just call it technology and avoid the trendy buzzword crap) to completely amelieorate the effects of a massive hurricane earthquake, then it would be not only be possible, but cheaper and more desirable to put more population in space, where there's cheaper movement of raw materials and a potentially larger energy flux to capture and use.

Brent Neal
Geek of all Trades
http://brentn.freeshell.org

"Specialization is for insects" -- Robert A. Heinlein