[extropy-chat] transhumanist priorities

Brett Paatsch bpaatsch at bigpond.net.au
Mon Oct 10 23:20:39 UTC 2005

The Avantguardian wrote:

It sure would!

> This is
> something, I think could be accomplished in a 10 year
> time frame if the people involved made a serious
> effort to do so.

I don't. I don't think we (any people anywhere) are
anywhere near being able to take a mammal like a
mouse below -196 degrees C (liquid nitrogen temp,
below the glass transition state), hold it there for a
period and then revive it as it was.

Nature (evolution) didn't design mice to be able to
do that and we don't have technology to do it to an
existing mouse made of biological cells with the physical
properties of biological cells arranged into a whole
organism.

> It doesn't strike me as exorbiantly expensive either.

Cheaper to experiment with a model animal like a
mouse that's for sure.

If you've not looked at cryonics seriously, its worth
a look. But look for a paper written by Fahy, not
Merkle, it might be at the Alcor site.

Brett Paatsch