[extropy-chat] A sad day

Robert J. Bradbury bradbury at aeiveos.com
Tue Oct 11 16:42:38 UTC 2005

A sad addition to my previous note.

In my long since past world traveling days, I have
been to Srinagar, which is only about 50 miles from
Muzaffarabad (which has basically been flattened).
I also walked across the land border between India
and Pakistan (Amritsar to Lahore) which is only a
couple of hundred miles south of the earthquake
region.

My comments would be that Srinagar, and Kashmir in
general, are quite beautiful.  And that walking across
the only "open" in the '70s land crossing between
India and Pakistan can best be described as an "experience".

However, as the numbers keep rising, it would appear that
the death toll is going to stretch towards those of the
2004 tsunami.

Unfortunately.

Robert